Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hurrahs


hur·rah  - n- "used to express joy or approval" 
Long weekend hurrahs are always the best, especially after weeks of endless torture and stress. Sadly, my weekend didn't turn out as fun as I had initially planned it to be. I wasn't able to attend any of the HOHOL sessions the complicated family planned.

I did enjoy my mellow fair share of Long Weekend Hurrahs. This weekend was not totally wasted.

  1. Read the Cuckoo's Calling for pleasure. I wasn't able to finish the book, but its storyline is gripping. However, I'm more interested in the character development of Comoran Strike than in who the murderer actually is. Also, props for J.K. for not white-washing the characters!
  2. I was able to better my Photoshopping skills! I'm not really that good in coloring, but I have already learned how to use the layer clipping mask feature; plus, I am already fairly good at maximizing the different shape tools available. Just a little more practice and a lot more polishing, and I should be good to go! 
  3. I had a wardrobe revamp. Well, not exactly a total revamp, but I was able to trade in several old blouses for two new ones. Plus, I finally bought myself Keds; my purple converse is already at the verge of falling apart so my mom and I decided that I needed an alternate pair of footwear.
  4. Camie Juan, my favorite blogger ever, followed me on Twitter! Check out her lovely blog when you have the time.
  5. I started reading the Inferno for English class. I fell inlove with it instantly. If you look past the nightmares you'll be having when you read it in the wee hours of the morning, you can see the beauty in the vivid descriptions of each circle of hell; plus the incorporation of Greek Mythology and other famous figures/literature enraptured me in the story as well! 
  6. Had (and is still currently having) a BONES marathon with my mom. 
  7. Revamped Tuesdays with Ica. I finally found a nice new theme; I create a header which I'm proud of, and I came up with several new ideas for special segments in this blog. Watch out for them.
All in all, this weekend, though slightly counterproductive-- re-energized me. I just hope I can get all the homework done before twelve tonight, hihi. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com